1 on the lower or downward side; "a chest of drawers all scratched underneath"
2 lower down on the page; "diagrams with figures underneath"
3 beneath by way of support; "a house with a good foundation underneath"
4 under or below an object or a surface; "we could see the original painting underneath"
- Under, lower
- You can have the underneath bunk.
- The part under or
- The underneath of the aircraft was painted blue.
Underneath is an album by American pop/rock and Indie group Hanson. It was released in 2004 by 3CG Records. It is the band's first release on their own independent record label.
To date, the album has sold more than 350,000 copies, 137,000 of which were US sales and around 17,000 of which were sold in the UK, making this their lowest selling official release. This despite the success of "Penny & Me", which hit #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart and #10 on the UK Top 40. The second single, "Lost Without Each Other", didn't chart in most countries, and only reached number #39 on the UK Top 40. Hanson themselves have said that they have endured a financial loss in making and releasing the album, to the point where in some places, the album itself transitioned from mainstream retail locations to discount stores, particularly across England. It has been speculated that any loss will be or has been made up from tour proceeds, as they tend to generate more direct income for bands than record sales can.
Underneath chart positions
- Billboard Top 200 - #25
- Billboard Top Independent Albums #1
- UK Top 75 - #49
- "Strong Enough To Break" (Isaac Hanson, Taylor Hanson, Zachary Hanson, Greg Wells)
- "Dancin' In The Wind" (I. Hanson, T. Hanson, Z. Hanson)
- "Penny & Me" (I. Hanson, T. Hanson, Z. Hanson)
- "Underneath" (I. Hanson, T. Hanson, Z. Hanson, Matthew Sweet)
- "Misery" (I. Hanson, T. Hanson, Z. Hanson)
- "Lost Without Each Other" (I. Hanson, T. Hanson, Z. Hanson, Gregg Alexander)
- "When You're Gone" (I. Hanson, T. Hanson, Z. Hanson)
- "Broken Angel" (I. Hanson, T. Hanson, Z. Hanson)
- "Deeper" (I. Hanson, T. Hanson, Z. Hanson)
- "Get Up And Go" (I. Hanson, T. Hanson, Z. Hanson)
- "Crazy Beautiful" (I. Hanson, T. Hanson, Z. Hanson)
- "Hey" (I. Hanson, T. Hanson, Z. Hanson, G. Wells)
- "Believe" (I. Hanson, T. Hanson, Z. Hanson)
[Hidden Tracks: "Crazy Beautiful Remix" & "Lulla Belle" are in the song Believe]
- Michelle Branch - vocals on Deeper
- Dave Ashton – Pro Tools Engineer
- P.R. Brown – Art Direction, Art Design, Photography
- Joe Chicarelli – 1st Engineer, Mixing
- Steve Churchyard – Mixing
- Luis Conte – Percussion
- Todd Edwards – Art Concept
- John Goodmanson – Mixing
- Isaac Hanson – Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Production, Art Concept
- Taylor Hanson – Lead Vocal, Wurlitzer, Organ, Production, Art Concept
- Zachary Hanson – Vocals, Drums, Production, Art Concept
- Danny Kortchmar – Production
- George Marino – Mastering
- Justin Meldal-Johnsen – Bass
- Steve Ripley – Mixing
- Steve Thompson – Mixing
- Greg Wells – Production, Bass, Acoustic Guitar
underneath in Norwegian: Underneath
underneath in Portuguese: Underneath
bed, bedrock, belly, below, beneath, bottom, bottom side, breech, buttocks, clandestine, covert, downside, fundament, furtive, hardpan, hole-and-corner, lower side, lowest layer, lowest level, neath, nether side, nethermost level, rock bottom, sole, stealthy, subordinate to, substratum, surreptitious, under, under-the-table, underbelly, undercover, underlayer, underside